Have you ever noticed how many major hotel chains start with the letter A? From luxury brands like Aman Resorts to budget staples like AmericInn, A is a popular first initial in the hospitality industry. In this article, we’ll explore some of the top hotels that start with A and what makes them stand out. Get ready for an alphabetical adventure through amazing accommodations!
AccorHotels is one of the largest hotel groups in the world with over 4,800 properties across 100 countries. This French multinational company owns a diverse portfolio of hotels including luxury brands like Raffles and Fairmont as well as midscale options like Ibis and Novotel.
Some key facts about AccorHotels:
- Founded in 1967 and headquartered in Paris, France
- Employs over 250,000 people globally
- Owns prestigious hotels like Hotel Scribe in Paris and The Savoy in London
- Popular loyalty program called Le Club AccorHotels
AccorHotels provides accommodations for a wide range of travelers seeking reliable service and quality amenities. Their global footprint and mix of economy to upscale brands offer familiar options across many destinations.
|Fairmont||Luxury||The Savoy, London|
|Sofitel||Upscale||Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile|
|Novotel||Midscale||Novotel Times Square, New York|
|Ibis||Economy||Ibis Styles London Southwark|
With boutique outposts in trendy urban locations, Ace Hotels champion arts, culture, and community. Their cool, minimalist design attracts a hip crowd looking for a social atmosphere.
Fun facts about Ace Hotels:
- First Ace Hotel opened in 1999 in Seattle
- Known for local art, music, and cultural events
- 12 locations in the US, England, and Panama
- Rooms outfitted with turntables and locally curated minibars
Ace Hotels are ideal for travelers who want an eclectic, social stay with opportunities to connect with local culture. Their happening public spaces foster a vibrant, communal vibe.
Aloft Hotels blend high-tech amenities with modern style inspired by music, fashion, and art. This midscale brand by Marriott aims to attract next-gen travelers with open, tech-savvy communal areas and contemporary room design.
Some highlights of Aloft Hotels:
- Launched in 2005 and now has over 150 locations globally
- Buzzing public spaces called the Re:mix Lounge
- Tech focused features like mobile check-in, keyless room entry
- Partnerships with emerging musicians and designers
- Average nightly rate around $100 – $200
For travelers who want a stylish stay with a social atmosphere, Aloft Hotels offer an affordable option. Their lively public spaces create an energetic vibe.
For comfortable, consistent accommodations across New York City, Ameritania Hotels fit the bill. This small chain of 3 properties provides well-located, classic hotels perfect for family vacations.
Fun Ameritania Hotel facts:
- Founded in the late 1960s by Maurice Cohen
- Three locations clustered on Broadway in the Upper West Side
- Updated rooms with mini-fridges and microwaves
- Average rates around $150/night
- Within walking distance of Central Park
For visitors who want convenience, cleanliness, and a family-friendly vibe, Ameritania’s homey hotels offer dependable options in a prime NYC location.
Americas Best Value Inn
As one of the largest budget hotel chains in North America, Americas Best Value Inn provides affordable, basic lodging for road trippers and deal seekers. With over 1,200 locations across the U.S. and Canada, travelers are never far from an Americas Best Value Inn.
What you can expect:
- Founded in 1989 in Aberdeen, SD
- Average rates as low as $50 per night
- Straightforward amenities like free WiFi, breakfast, parking
- Ideal for families with both rooms and suites
- Pleasant but no-frills vibe
For your next road trip or budget getaway, you can count on Americas Best Value Inn for predictable prices and accommodations. It delivers on the promise of its name by offering the best value in the economy lodging segment.
Ascend Hotel Collection
The Ascend Hotel Collection by Choice Hotels provides unique, upscale accommodations while delivering the perks of a major brand. With over 300 independent hotels globally, each Ascend property preserves its distinct character.
Key things to know:
- Launched in 2008 as a “soft brand” collection
- Mix of boutique hotels, B&Bs, historic inns
- Benefits like Choice Points rewards program
- Properties in top destinations like New York, Barcelona, New Orleans
- Rates average $100 – $250 per night
For travelers seeking an elevated hotel stay with boutique appeal, Ascend Hotel Collection hits the sweet spot between cookie-cutter and quirky. You get the local flavor of an indie hotel backed by the reliability of Choice Hotels.
In mountain towns across Colorado, Aspen Hotels provide upscale accommodations with rustic charm befitting their Rocky Mountain locations. This small collection of 4 boutique hotels combines contemporary comfort with an adventurous spirit.
The scoop on Aspen Hotels:
- Four locations in Aspen, Vail, Breckenridge, Crested Butte
- Luxurious amenities like heated pools, spas, ski valets
- Rates start around $200/night and exceed $1,000 for multi-room suites
- Complimentary breakfast buffets with Rocky Mountain recipes
- Dog-friendly accommodations
For an upscale stay in the heart of Colorado’s famous ski towns, Aspen Hotels offer comfort, character, and easy slope-side access.
Astor on the Park
In Manhattan’s thriving Midtown East district, the Astor on the Park provides apartment-style accommodation with easy access to Central Park. This historic high-rise combines old world glamour with a convenient location.
Fun details on Astor on the Park:
- Originally opened in 1936
- Studio to two bedroom suites with full kitchens
- Elegant dining at The Georgian Room
- Rates from $150-$800/night
- Popular filming location for movies and TV shows
- Within walking distance to loads of attractions
For spacious suites and vintage New York flair, Astor on the Park presents a charming alternative to a typical NYC hotel. Its central location and apartment layouts create a “home away from home” feel.
In the heart of London overlooking Green Park sits the Athenaeum Hotel, a stately yet modern luxury hotel offering 5-star British hospitality. Dating back to the 19th century, this refined property provides a peaceful oasis in central London.
What makes the Athenaeum Hotel special:
- Prestigious location overlooking Green Park
- Afternoon tea service in the Champagne and Cocktail Bar
- Michelin-starred gala at The Reading Room
- Suites feature marble bathrooms and iPads
- Rates from 350 – 600 GBP per night
- Part of the family-run Red Carnation Hotel Collection
With its tranquil ambiance and ideal location, the Athenaeum Hotel lets you stay in the lap of British luxury.
For luxury travelers seeking out transformational experiences, Auberge Resort Collections includes exceptional hotels with spas, culinary delights, and outdoor adventures. Their portfolio of boutique resorts provides blissful getaways across stunning settings.
Why guests love Auberge Resorts:
- Iconic properties like Calistoga Ranch in Napa Valley
- Complimentary wellness activities and cuisine
- Personalized service and amenities
- Rates averaging $500+ per night
- Commitment to curating meaningful experiences
Ready to be pampered in paradise? At Auberge Resort Collections, guests discover magical destinations and unmatched hospitality.
Hotels starting with the letter A represent a remarkable range, from wallet-friendly roadside motels to once-in-a-lifetime luxury retreats. Whatever your budget and interests, there’s likely a fantastic accommodation option that begins with the first letter of the alphabet. On your next travel adventure, consider staying at one of these top hotels starting with A!
Let me know if you have any other favorite “A hotels” worth checking out. I’d love to keep adding to this alphabetical list of amazing properties across accommodation categories. Safe travels!